Monday, May 9, 2011

40 Years Ago He Would Have Shot Me: WWED I

I want to start a series of sort of greatest hits from the Wild Wild East Dailies. WWED occupied three years of my life and accumulated 500 stories at some average of three a week. WWED became the #1 English blog in Vietnam according to Technorati. Recently, a local magazine here in Saigon rejected a pitch I made to build their web presence with stories from WWED. My writing was called pretentious and flowery by the editor, and so with that intro I thought it better that I just outsell them instead of whinge. WWED grows and accumulates readers even though I don't maintain it anymore - I think there might be something about the stories told there. Today's story is called '40 Years Ago He Would Have Shot Me'. It is one of WWED's most popular. It's a story about meeting an older man selling DVDs on a bus who would have been my enemy back during the war. Take a few minutes and travel on the Saigon #4 with me and he. I found it more than worth the time and I hope you do as well. Perspective is a wonderful thing.


D a v i d E v e r i t t - C a r l s o n
-------------------------------------------------
Find me on TwitterFacebook or LinkedIn. Read my blog: The Wild Wild East Dailies.


No comments:

Post a Comment


D a v i d E v e r i t t - C a r l s o n
-------------------------------------------------
Find me on Twitter, Facebook or LinkedIn. Read my previous blog: The Wild Wild East Dailies.