Wednesday, May 11, 2011

ADWEEK steps up its game with Michael Wolff

And who the hell is Michael Wolff? I didn't know until I read an internet story he did for ADWEEK on Donald Trump, the brand, and I couldn't believe how good and not full of shit the writing was. So WhoTF is this Michael Wolff guy? A not so short check of his bio starts with a dad in advertising and a stretch at Vassar College before transferring to Columbia - so he learned to write along the way and had media in his blood. He's also been a two-time National Magazine award winner and written media for Vanity Fair. Oh, and a few books, the latest a biography of Rupert Murdoch with 50 hours of interviews with the scion of sleeze. So WTF is M. Wolff doing writing for a group of trade pubs? A cynic might say he's bringing up the rear but an optimist would say he's bringing up the lead. Whatever traditional media used to be, that's a far cry from buying Internet copy at pennies a word and I found Michael Wolff on the Internet. Read a little of his work. Bringing this kind of fun and insight into the trades might wake up a whole industry. Did I mention, he can write?


D a v i d E v e r i t t - C a r l s o n
-------------------------------------------------
Find me on TwitterFacebook or LinkedIn. Read my previous blog: The Wild Wild East Dailies.

No comments:

Post a Comment


D a v i d E v e r i t t - C a r l s o n
-------------------------------------------------
Find me on Twitter, Facebook or LinkedIn. Read my previous blog: The Wild Wild East Dailies.